There are numerous volunteer boards and commissions that community members can be involved in to make a difference in Routt County. View the board descriptions by clicking on the links to the left, to see which one suits you best. Some boards require a good deal of time commitment and others meet infrequently. Complete the Boards and Commissions Application to apply.

If you have additional questions, feel free to contact the Commissioners' Staff Assistant at (970) 879-0108.


Airport Commission: No open positions. 

Human Services Civil Review Panel is seeking 3 members and 1 alternant to provide a forum for grievances concerning conduct of Social Services personnel in performing their child welfare duties. The appointee must be a resident of Routt County and should have personal or professional knowledge and experience with children. This panel requires at least one member that is a parent to a minor child. To apply please fill out the online application form

Noxious Weed Advisory Board is seeking to fill a seat from Road District 2/Hayden area. Please visit the Noxious Weed Advisory Board Page for more information. Please Email Staff letter of interest.

Planning Commission is seeking to fill a vacancy that is open to Town of Yampa residents. Commissioners participate in land use decisions, policy planning, and make decisions on development proposals in Routt County. Meetings are held the first and third Thursday each month. 

Board of Adjustment is seeking board members to review and make decisions on requests for variances of the Routt County Zoning Resolution. Meetings are held the second Monday of each month, typically about six times a year. 

Purchase of Development Rights (PDR) Advisory Board is seeking to fill a vacancy on the Citizens Advisory Board for the Purchase of Development Rights program. The duty of the Advisory Board is to make funding recommendations to the County Commissioners to purchase voluntarily offered development rights of ranch and agricultural lands and natural areas within Routt County. The opening is for an at-large seat in either District 1 or District 2, serving a 3-year term. Board members must be Routt County residents and reside in the district for which they would represent. The Board should have equitable representation from agriculture, conservation, and business. Please fill out the Boards and Commissions Application or Email Staff a letter of interest by Friday, May 20, 2022.

Museum & Heritage Advisory Board is seeking applications for a new member. There is one open at-large seat. This is a volunteer position for a 4 year term. To learn more about the open position, please visit the Museum & Heritage Page on the left tab. To apply, please fill out the online application form or Email Staff a letter of interest. Call (970) 879-0108 for additional details. 

Historic Preservation Board is seeking to fill an open seat. Members will serve 5-year terms starting on the date of appointment. The board meets quarterly and reviews applications for designation to the Routt County Register of Historic Properties. For more information about the Historic Preservation Board please  click here. To apply, please fill out the online application form or Email Staff a letter of interest. Call (970) 879-0108 for additional details.