Board of Adjustment
ResponsibilitiesThe Board of Adjustment performs all functions, powers, and duties as defined by the Routt County Zoning Resolution including:
- Hearing and deciding requests for variances from strict application of the following zoning regulations: minimum setbacks, lot width, lot area, and floor area, and maximum structure height and separation between primary and secondary dwelling units.
MeetingsThe Board of Adjustment meets as needed on the 2nd Monday of every month at 6:00 p.m. See the Planning Department page for information on how to participate.
All programs, services and activities of Routt County are operated in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Routt County uses the Relay Colorado service. Dial 711 or TDD (970) 870-5444.
- View available Board of Adjustment agendas and minutes.
- View application materials for activities pending before the Board of Adjustment.
- The Board of Adjustment has a handbook that serves as a guide to facilitate good public hearings. You can view and download a copy of the Board of Adjustment's handbook .
MembersThe Routt County Board of Adjustment consists of 5 regular members and 2 alternate members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Don Prowant, Chair
- Brian Fitzgerald
- Gerard Albers
- Rebecca Lewis
- Joella West (Alternate 1)
- Vacant Position
- Vacant Position
Serving on the Board of Adjustments is an excellent opportunity to positively impact Routt County. If you would like to formally apply, please feel welcome to email the Planning Director, Kristy Winser, with the following documents:
• Current Resume
Once received, the Planning Director will review the submitted information and work with you to better understand what board or position may be the best fit. We thank you for your interest and look forward to learning more about you!