With our specialized education, skills and experience, our office is uniquely qualified in fostering a community of lasting value while preserving the western rural character of the County.
Get Involved and Navigate your Routt!The County is embarking on a Master Plan process that will help guide the strategic direction of unincorporated Routt County for years to come.
Resident input is vitally important to ensure the County’s new Master Plan incorporates the community’s vision. Residents, property owners and businesses will have many opportunities to get involved and provide feedback.
Visit the Master Plan website and take our online survey.
Land Use Companion and Administrative Review Team (ART)
Have an idea for the development of your property? What about a business idea? The Land Use Companion was created by staff as a tool to identify the important factors impacting your project. An ART Review allows an applicant to sit down with most, if not all, agencies that may have a comment on an application at the same time. The Land Use Companion can be accessed by clicking here. Get in touch with the Planner of the Day by calling (970) 879-2704 or by email with questions or to schedule a review.
- A new Planning fee schedule was adopted March 27, 2019
- How do I get involved in whats happening in my community?
- Short-term (nightly) rental guide
- Tiny Home guide
- Secondary Dwelling Unit guide
- How are we doing? Take our customer satisfaction survey here
Responsibilities The Planning Department is responsible for:
- Current and long-range planning
- Zoning and subdivision regulations
- Land use review
- Permit enforcement
- Code enforcement
- Support the Board of County Commissioners, Planning Commission, and Board of Adjustment