PUBLIC NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19
On March 1, 2021 - The Assessor’s Office will OPEN to the public for walk-in business. Visiting public must wear a face mask at all times while inside the building.
We are monitoring and following all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), including taking the steps necessary to reduce the threat of COVID-19 exposure to employees and public.
- The Assessor's Office will OPEN to the public for walk-in business beginning March 1st. Under the 'Concerned' Yellow Level the General Public may freely enter the Historic Courthouse and Assessor's office. Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30AM to 4:30PM.
- We still encourage non-contact business when possible to avoid unnecessary in-person interaction. All customers should continue to mail, email or fax documents when possible.
- Only two customers (per office) is allowed inside the Assessor's office at any given time. Customers and General Public are encouraged to call in advance to set up an appointment with Assessor's office staff to visit our office to avoid delays or waiting in line for service. Contact tracing information will be collected upon arrival.
- While in the Yellow Level, the Assessor's office will be staffed at 50% capacity. Employees will rotate 'in-office' shifts and 'remote' (off-site) shifts to limit in-person interactions. Please call the office at 970-870-5544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment with a specific employee. Appointments with a specific employee will be arranged through that employee.
- Most assessor forms are available for download from the Assessor's Office Website. Public inquires for such forms will be directed to the website. In-person visits for such forms will be discouraged. Staff can assist by emailing form requests as well.
- Group Meetings: Abatement Hearings. At this time and for the foreseeable future, any an all formal appeal hearings will be done through Zoom Meetings.
For immediate assistance with Assessor matters:
- Call 970-870-5544
- Fax 970-870-5461
- Email: email@example.com
Forms/Applications/Information due to the Assessor:
• Personal Property Declaration Forms – Due April 15, 2021
• Proof of Agricultural Use – Due ASAP
Please submit via:
➢ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
➢ Mail: Routt County Assessor
522 Lincoln Ave., Suite 10
Steamboat Springs, Colorado 80487
➢ Fax: 970-870-5461