Noxious Weed Advisory Board
March 17, 2022 8:00-10:00 am
Weed Advisory Board Meetings are open to the public and everyone is welcome. Please Email Tiffany Carlson for meeting information and to be added to our email list.
Download prior Meeting Minutes
Open Board Positions
- District 2- Hayden Area is seeking a volunteer member to serve on the Noxious Weed Advisory Board.
Please send a letter of interest with your name, contact information (including email), weed management experience and why you are interested on serving on the board to Tiffany Carlson or mail to 136 6th Street, Suite 103, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487.
District 1: Kelly Gates, Merilee Ellis, Sharon Clever
District 2: Ed Camilletti, Eric Carlson
District 3: Greg Brown, Kent Sandstedt, Paul Slivon
At-Large: Gary Smalley
City Member: Karen Vail
Establishment of the Routt County Noxious Weed Advisory Board
The Routt County Noxious Weed Advisory Board is a volunteer based board originally established in 1996 to be in compliance with The Noxious Weed Act. The board meets quarterly and advises the Board of County Commissioners in matters regarding.
- Reviewing the Noxious Weed Management Plan to ensure that it is appropriate and in compliance with applicable law and regulations and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners and the City Council for the amendment of the Management Plan when appropriate.
- Develop management criteria for noxious weeds and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners and the City Council concerning the adoption of such management criteria.
- Review and recommend noxious weeds to be included in the Noxious Weed Management Plan.
- Make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners regarding identified landowners and requirements to submit individual integrated management plans to manage noxious weeds on their property.
All members of the Advisory Board must be residents of Routt County.
Board members serve three year terms. Though members may be appointed to serve successive terms without limitations.
There are 11 member seats, three from each road district, an at-large member and a city position appointed by the Steamboat Springs City Council.